Saturday 12 July 2014

SKINCARE Favourites

Hey Guys!


So today I am talking to you about all of my favourite and current go-to skin care products. I will start off by telling you that my skin is a bit of a mixture of the occasional dry spot on my forehead, around my eyebrows and nose, but then occasionally my nose can be a little more on the oily side  but the rest of my face is very normal. I treat my skin as though it is more on the dry side so I can lock more moister into it. I have in the past tried to treat it as though it was oilier and that just made my skin freak out, tighten up and dry up instantly so this is another reason I prefer to treat it with more moisturising products. I also very rarely get massive breakouts I get the occasional pimple or spot but I am pretty lucky. I am not entirely lucky as blackheads are my enemy I get them as on my nose and occasionally on my upper lip. If i do have a pimple it is not small and will scar but i can't complain!


MY CURRENT FAVS 




CLEANSING 

To cleanse in the morning I will use the Korres 3 in 1 cleansing emulsion creamy cleanser. It is so soft and gentle and will not sting your eyes. I use this by its self every morning as it is light and quick to use in the shower. For my night time cleanse I use the Korres cleanser and add a small amount of the Philosophy Purity cleanser I then mix them together applying it to my face with my fingers.


CLARISONIC 

I have the original clarisonic and I use this every second or third night in the shower with the Purity and Korres cleaners. It really depends on how much make up and sunscreen I have used that day as to how regularly will need to use it.


TONING 

When I am out of the shower I will then go ahead and use my Mario Badescu glycolic acid toner (which is an exfoliating toner). I use this on a cotton round all over my face focusing on the centre of my face working my way out - This toner is amazing for scarring and pigmentation I have definitely noticed a change in the brightness and reduced scarring since using this the last 4 months. I always go in with a second toner which is my Mario Badescu Aloe Vera toner it is a light toner and has no added alcohol. I wait a few minutes after applying the first toner before applying this then use the same process of swiping it on the face with a cotton round focusing on the centre of my face and working my way out.


MOISTURISERS 

This is defiantly my favourite part of my routine. I have been using the skincare companies moisturiser with sunscreen for the last 2.5 years and honestly it is the most amazing moisturiser I've found. It is from a skin care clinic called Pamper Skin Care Clinic in Geelong Victoria but it is also available online. It is more of an expensive moistizer but I can tell you it is worth every penny plus more! It is a thin constancy with a combination of licorice and sunflower seed extract it is perfect for all skin types. 


EYE CREAM 

I am currently using the kiehl's creamy eye treatment with avocado, which to be honest when I first used this I was unsure if I liked it. But the more I've used it the more I have fallen in love with it. I love to use this product at night more so than during the day as I find it to be quite thick, but it definitely plumps up under my eye area and it gives me the most hydrating feeling the next day. I will use this on occasion during the day if I am not wearing any makeup as I find its to thick to wear under foundation or concealer.




NIGHT CREAM 

Antipodes avocado and pear nourishing night cream is the most moisturising night cream I've ever used. After my shower and skin care routine I will add this instead of my day moisturiser and as I usually have a shower before dinner time I will also add this night cream for a second time just before I go to bed. I cannot believe how much of a difference this has made to the softness and plumpness of my skin the effects the next morning are amazing. - I learnt this trick from Caroline Hirons who if you've never heard of her I beg you to please check out her blog and youtube channel I adore this woman and her tips and tricks on skin care, just do it just check her out you'll be amazed!


ROSE HIP OIL 

If you are not using rose hip oil please go out and buy some right now as you really depriving your skin of natural amazingness! I am currently using the Sukin rose hip oil and I use this everyday without fail. I use this morning and night and will use 2-3 drops in the morning mixed in with my daily morning moisturiser and I will use 4 drops at night time before my night time moistizer ( I know this sounds very specific but I finally found the perfect combination for how it makes my skin feel and look plus I am way to ocd so I have a very set routine for my skin) - I'm not crazy i swear! This will help reduce scarring and pigmentation and help your skin glow. It really is my miracle product.


LIQUID GOLD 

I have just received this product and I purchased it as a sample set with a few other Alpha-H products, but this one has been the stand out for me. To get the best results out of this product is to use it every third or fourth day depending on your skin type and sensitivity. It is a glycolic acid liquid so it will make your skin tingle when you first apply it but it should not hurt or burn your face. I use a cotton round and swipe this all over my face after my toner process. For the best results with this product its best to use it at night, after you've applied this product its best not to apply moisturiser or any serums just a little eye cream and you are done for the night. Over time this will make your skin clearer and brighter and firmer.


GLAM GLOW YOUTH MASK 

This is a very new product for me I have only used it twice but so far i like it. Keep in mind it is a super strong clay mask and it must only be used once a week. When I've used it my skin has been so incredablty soft and clear and my blackheads on my nose have been pulled straight out its amazing how gross it looks while drying on the skin. I plan to keep this as a special use mask to use before any major events. This can also be used as a spot treatment which will be great for any pesky pimples. 




This is my first official post so I would just like to say thank you so much for having a read and bearing with me as I am learning the ropes of blogging and how I  am setting it all up etc, also apologies for the poor quality photos I am sure the more I blog and photograph the better I will become. If you have a spare minute I would love to hear your thoughts of this post and any ideas with what you would love to see for upcoming posts.


Love Loz xx

1 comment:

  1. Yay, congrats on starting up a blog! :) Sounds like you have a lovely routine, I'm dying to try Kiehl's eye cream, right now I'm really loving Origins GinZing eye cream <3 It's so rich and creamy :) I also love Caroline Hirons, she's great, isn't she? Learned so much from her x.

    Paula
    My beauty and lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete