Wednesday 26 August 2015

Body Scrubs - El es Beauty Boutique


So I don't know about you but my skin hates the winter weather it dries up horribly and goes all flaky I think its from all the hot showers I have and the heating in our home plus I'm terrible at remembering to moistizing after each shower well is laziness not remembering? I have been lucky enough to have the gorgeous Laura from El es Beauty Boutique send me some of their yummy body scrubs to enjoy in the fragrances salted caramel, lavender/rosemary and cinnamon/orange so let me share my thoughts on these beauties....


I will start with salted caramel which has turned out to be my favourite scrub out of all of them! With all natural ingredients of salt, coconut oil, honey, sweet almond oil, and vanilla bean the ingredients alone are enough to want to slather yourself in this yummy goodness. the scrub is a clear crushed up consistency imagine rock salt but crushed finer and the colour is clear which i quite liked as it didn't mess up my shower quite as much as other scrubs. You only need a handful to do your entire body but if you are only targeting a small area obviously use less or if you're like me with a bit of booty and belly you may like to use more! I loved the smell it was nice and sweet so if you don't like anything sweet smelling you may like something like the lavender and rosemary scrub. I like to put this on once I've done everything I need to in the shower, now you don't need to do it this way but I find it works best for me. I'm lazy (as stated earlier haha) and I just grab a handful straight from the bag but you may also like to put a handful in a small bowl before you pop into the shower either way whatever works for you. I then start rubbing it in small sections all over my body mainly focusing on my arms and chest then a little on my belly then on my thighs usually I don't go further down than my thighs as I'm not flexible especially in the shower where ill probably end up on my bum. I will leave that to soak into my skin for a good 4-5 mins, while I wait I like to scrub it in a little more just to exfoliate the super dry areas after 5 mins I will rinse it off. Once you're out of the shower you can apply moistizer if you're not lazy like me but if you are the scrub has all of those amazing natural oils in it so you will feel nice and soft and moisturised anyway so you can get away with just getting dressed and being flake free,smooth and smelling incredibly delicious!


The one thing I did want to note was that I have a slight bit of eczema on my arm that gets very irritated by some highly fragranced body washes but this scrub did not irritate me at all and it was gentle enough on the sore spots plus in general I have terribly sensitive skin and this was just lovely to scrub with! The other two fragrances did the exact same job with the exception of the scents of course. The only difference being the lavender and rosemary which had a few bits of rosemary mixed in with the clear scrub it sounds odd i know but it was not a worry at all it just adds to the beautiful aroma. This scent was my favourite to use if I was having a night shower as the lavender was beautifully calming and I love anything lavender before bed. The cinnamon and orange scent was nice and refreshing so it was great to mix it up and use in the mornings. 


If you are a scrub lover you definitely should check out El es Beauty Boutique as all of their products are free of animal testing, have no fragrances just natural oils and have no synthetic colours so you know what you are putting on your body is only the good stuff! Starting at $11.95 for the scrubs you will not be disappointed especially at that fab price point. If you are a lover of beautiful all natural products they also offer body butters, lip balms, heat bags and candles just pop on over to their website www.elesbeautyboutique.com and check it out!
                                        
 
Have you already tried out an El es body scrub I would love to hear your thoughts! do you use body scrubs if so what are some of your favourites? 

Love Loz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment